Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Herbert Vianna's B-day

I'll post the same thing i've posted in my portuguese blog... maybe the liric I've chosed to post will make more sense here with english speaking readers....

What can you say in a day like today? today is Herbert's 49th b-day... it's hard to say something that is not the same old...

wwll, Happy B-day Herbert, have fun, enjoy and celebrate the life each day and even more today...

I can only thank that in may 04 of 1961 you were born, a human being who would translate so well all my anguish, hapiness, sadness, well, my soul, in lyrics and melody...
I also thank that you're still here, and are still doing ir, I toast to that, to your birth and your re-births...

I'll post a song that's not Herbert's, but it always remember me of him. Keep singing my life with your words:

Killing Me Softly
(Norman Gimbel; Charles Fox)

Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song,
killing me softly,
With his song telling my whole life
With his words,
Killing me softly,
With his song

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style,
And so I came to see him and listen for a while.
And there he was this young boy, stranger to my eyes,

Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with this song,
With his song, telling my whole life,
With his words,
Killing me softly with his song.

I felt all flushed with fever,
Embarrassed by the crowd,
I felt he found my letters then read each one out loud.
I prayed that he would finish,
But he just kept right on

Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song,
Killing me softly
With his song,
Tellin' my whole life
With his words,
Killing me softly, with his song

No comments:

Post a Comment