Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why Os Paralamas do Sucesso In english?

Os Paralamas do Sucesso are one of the most important brazilian bands. In the recent past i've found some articles about them in english in the internet, they are not very common and some of them are not really good, there're many common mistakes.... I also realized that there's no lyrics traductions.

Os Paralamas recorded some songs in english and I think they'd be a huge hit if they reach the whole world... so I decided to make this blog to try to translate all the songs and write some articles about the band, it'll be more an information blog than a news blog, cause most of the news are important to those who are in Brasil and can go to the concerts... but the general information about the band, and some concerts articles would help those who don't live here to understand who are they and hopefully will make some new fans of the band...

I realize that my english skills are not that great and that thraslating lyrics are a risky job, but I'll try my best to make it usefull to those who doesn't speak my mother leanguage....

Why english, you would ask, I have some answeres
- I speak english, and no other leanguage besides, obviously portuguese
- Os paralamas recorded some songs in english, and Herbert did it also in his solos.
- with the internet, many people in the world at least understand something in english, not everything, but a good picture.. that's why I won't use those short forms of words (like smth meaning something and this kind of stuff) I'm not familiarized with this kind of stuff and many non english native speakers don't either.

and let this thing begin
farewell
Ceres

No comments:

Post a Comment